Simple Berry Curd
I know people that don’t like chocolate, but I don’t know one person that does not like berries. So here I would like to introduce you to a Simple Berry Curd that I found in the journal of my friend blogger Yuliya. I’ve been looking at her beautiful pictures of different variations of this curd for a while, but at last I was able to do it myself.
Very Berry ... Curd
- 2 cups - strawberry raspberry, blueberry (in any proportions) either fresh or frozen
- 1/8 cup - lemon juice
- 2/3 cup - sugar
- 6 eggs
- If you have frozen berries then thaw them either at room temperature or in the microwave.
- Pulse berries a couple of times with a blender then put them through a sieve to remove all the seeds.
- Whip the eggs and sugar using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment until fluffy.
- Mix the berry puree and the egg mixture together and cook it over bain-marie, constantly mixing until it thickens (about 30 min).
- Thickened curd, put through a sieve one more time, then transfer it to a clean bowl and cover with a plastic wrap letting it touch the surface. Refrigerate.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!