Oven Baked Fries Recipe
Oven Baked Fries are the same potato bites, without all the guilt that comes with it. They are made with a minimal amount of oil, then baked in the oven for crispiness. You’ll love the flavor and the reduced calorie content of these!
I think it is pretty normal to want all the best stuff for free, enjoyment without responsibility and deliciousness without calories. Let’s not talk about how that is impossible.
I mean, who wouldn’t want a mean burger with an extra-large side of fries, without thousands of calories from pure grease? I would!
I haven’t figured out the burger part, but now you can enjoy fries without the guilt that usually comes with consuming them.
These fries are oven roasted with only 2 tbsp of olive oil (and I hear it’s good for ya), so go ahead indulge!
No need to peel the potato. You can cut it in thicker wedges, sticks or whatever other shapes you want, but the thinner you cut them, the drier they will be.
Crispy Oven Baked Fries
Simple crispy baked French fries that are easy and healthier!
The best homemade French fries’ recipe.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes with a brush, under running water until thoroughly clean. Dry with a paper towel.
- Cut them in wedges, or into 1/2 inch sticks.
Place cut potatoes in a ziplock bag, add ½ tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp ground black pepper, salt & 2 tbsp oil. Shake the bag vigorously until the potato is evenly coated with seasonings.
- Transfer potatoes to the baking sheet and spread into single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, until golden in color and crispy, tossing them around every 10 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, or combination of ketchup & mayo.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!