Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake Recipe (VIDEO)
This Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake Recipe a delicious coffee cake loaded with Cranberries, White Chocolate, and a Cream Cheese Frosting. A delicious, soft coffee cake with cranberries that is a twist on the Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar.
If you love the Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar, then this Cranberry Coffee Cake is for you! It’s one of those treats that you make once and then you’ll be asked to make’em forever because it’s just that good! Check out my first ever video (of this recipe) at the bottom of the post!
What’s Coffee Cake?
If you read the ingredients and realize that this Coffee Cake has no coffee, don’t be surprised! I know it’s confusing, but the name “Coffee Cake” comes not from the name of the flavor, but from the fact that this cake is typically enjoyed with coffee. Similarly to teacakes, which have no tea, but are enjoyed with tea.
Is THIS the Perfect Coffee Cake Recipe?
The cranberries in this cake keep the cake tasting fresh for several days. You can make it the night before and serve it for breakfast with coffee. This sounds like a great dessert to make when you have guests.
The recipe is simple and filled with so much flavor! The cranberries with the cream cheese frosting have a really good thing together. A sour yet sweet taste that will leave your taste buds wanting more! So, of course, this is the perfect dessert!
What is your favorite Coffee Cake?
There is nothing better to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea with than some kind of a dessert and this one is some dessert.
Other great desserts to try!
- Blueberry & Raspberry Coffee Cake– Berries+cake=amazing!!
- Pillow Soft Plum Coffee Cake- What better than a cake out of sweet soft plums?
- Apple Coffee Cake w/ Streusel Topping- Fresh apples in a sweet dessert you will love!!
** This post also marks my first ever attempt at video, which I am so, so excited about, eeek! I hope you like it. If you don’t, use your grace points on me today, I promise you I will do my best and get better!
Do let me know what you think of the video though. I would love to hear your thoughts!
Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake RECIPE
This Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake Recipe a delicious coffee cake loaded with cranberries, white chocolate, and a cream cheese frosting. A delicious, soft coffee cake with cranberries.
Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ - 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup buttermilk or sour cream
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, then well drained and towel dried
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
How to make Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F with the rack in the middle.
- To a large bowl add 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp vanilla and whisk until combined. Add 1 cup flour, ¼ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp baking powder, 1 tsp ground ginger and whisk just until incorporated. Next add ½ cup melted butter and ½ cup buttermilk, whisking after each. Fold in ¾ cup cranberries and 1 cup white chocolate chips.
- Spray a 9-inch square (or 10 inches round) baking pan and pour the batter and spread it evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cooling.
How to make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a bowl whisk together 8 oz of room temperature cream cheese, ½ cup of powdered sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla extract and ½ tsp of orange emulsion or zest of ½ lemon until smooth.
Melt the White Chocolate:
- Add 2 tbsp of white chocolate chips to a ziplock bag and microwave for about 30 seconds in 7-second intervals, pressing the bag with your hands until you feel no lumps and the chocolate is all melted. Snip the corner off the ziplock bag.
Assemble Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake
- Spread the Cream Cheese Frosting with a spatula all over the cooled cake. Sprinkle ⅔ cup of dried cranberries on top. In a zigzag motion drizzle the melted white chocolate. Allow the chocolate to set for about 30 minutes to 1 hour, then cut and serve.