Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake Recipe (VIDEO)
If you love the Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar, then this Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake is for you! Loaded with White Chocolate, Cranberries, oh and that Cream Cheese Frosting, man oh man! It’s one of those treats that you make once and then you’ll be asked to make forever, because it’s just that good!
Since the cranberries in the Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake keep the cake fresh for days, you can easily make it the night before and serve it for breakfast with coffee. Christmas morning treat, anyone? Oh yes!
This post also marks my first ever attempt at video, which I am so, so excited about, eeek! I hope you like it. If you don’t, use your grace points on me today, I promise you I will do my best and get better!
Do let me know what you think of the video though. I would love to hear your thoughts!
Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake RECIPE
Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ - 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup buttermilk or sour cream
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, then well drained and towel dried
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
How to make Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F with the rack in the middle.
- To a large bowl add 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp vanilla and whisk until combined. Add 1 cup flour flour, ¼ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp baking powder, 1 tspground gingerand whisk just until incorporated. Next add ½ cup melted butter and ½ cup buttermilk, whisking after each. Fold in ¾ cupscranberries and 1 cup white chocolate chips.
- Spray a 9 inch square (or 10 inch round) baking pan and pour the batter and spread it evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
How to make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a bowl whisk together 8 oz of room temperature cream cheese, ½ cup of powdered sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla extract and ½ tsp of orange emulsion or zest of ½ lemon until smooth.
Melt the White Chocolate:
- Add 2 tbsp of white chocolate chips to a ziplock bag and microwave for about 30 seconds in 7 second intervals, pressing the bag with your hands until you feel no lumps and the chocolate is all melted. Snip the corner off the ziplock bag.
Assemble Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake
- Spread the Cream Cheese Frosting with a spatula all over the cooled cake. Sprinkle ⅔ cup of dried cranberries on top. In a zigzag motion drizzle the melted white chocolate. Allow the chocolate to set for about 30 minutes to 1 hour, then cut and serve.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!