Blueberry & Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Blueberry Raspberry Coffee Cake is made with bursting berries and topped with crunchy Streusel Topping. This Berry Coffee Cake recipe can be baked as muffins or a coffee cake, the choice is yours!
Anytime I go into Starbucks, I get my coffee & their blueberry or raspberry coffee cake. I’ve been trying to find a recipe that would be something like what they carry.
After trying a couple of recipes, I think this one comes pretty close. I didn’t make it in the cupcake form. Instead, I made 2 loaves, from one recipe.
This is a good cake to go with coffee or milk in the morning or as an end to a meal.
Blueberry and Raspberry Coffee Cake
- 5 Tbsp cold butter cut up
- 3/4 cup flour all purpose
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
Raspberry & Blueberry Cake Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs large
- 2 cups sugar granulated
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp or Juice of 1 lemon
- 12 oz. fresh blueberries
Powdered Sugar Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
How to make Blueberry and Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Prep: Turn oven to 300F. Line two 9"x5" loaf pans with parchment paper or foil.
How to prepare the Streusel Topping
- In a bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar and salt. Add melted butter, then using a fork or hands bring everything together, by pressing with a fork or pressing between your fingers until crumbly mixture forms. Refrigerate.
How to make the Blueberry & Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixer bowl whip together eggs and sugar on medium speed until lighter in color and increased in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the butter while continuing to mix. Add vanilla, lemon zest, and juice, then stir to combine.
- Fold in the dry ingredients in thirds. Add the blueberries and raspberry and gently fold to incorporate.
- Divide the batter between two 9"x5" loaf pans or one round 9" springform pan.
- Sprinkle with the Streusel topping and bake for 1 hour (if baking in loaf pans) or until a toothpick inserted int he middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan until completely cooled.
Meanwhile, make the glaze:
- Combine 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 tbsp lemon juice at a time and whisk until smooth but pourable.
Notes: If baking in a 9-inch round springform pan, the cake will need around 1 hour and 30 minutes to bake though