Quick and Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Quick and Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe – the cupcakes are topped with cream cheese frosting that can be customized in many, many ways.
I am super excited to share this recipe with you, because this is one of the easiest and fastest cupcakes you will ever be able to make. Not only that, but it’s also one of the most delicious ones too! The cake itself is very moist and the frosting is lucious, what else do you need?
Also, this recipe is super adaptable…
Want some nuts? – no problem! Chocolate? Why not? Poppy seeds? You got it! If you have only 30 minutes and want a decadent cupcake to go with your tea, turn your oven, get your mixer out and start baking!
Oh and another great thing about these vanilla cupcakes is, that this recipe uses all the pantry ingredients that you usually have in your fridge, so no running to the grocery store for some marzipan 🙂
For those that have little kids and usually buy cupcakes for their birthday, now you can make these vanilla cupcakes yourself and even let your little one put the sprinkles on top, or if you’re one of the daring ones that don’t mind frosting looking somewhat funny, you can let them pipe the frosting too!
All in all, it’s a great go to recipe that can make anybody look like a pro in the kitchen. And no, I am not going to tell anybody that you didn’t spend all day making them. So enjoy!
Quick and Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Quick and Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe - these cupcakes are topped with cream cheese frosting that can be customized in many, many ways.
Optional (choose one):
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder for chocolate cupcakes
- 1.5 cups chopped nuts of any kind
- 1 cup canned poppy seed filling
- * You can combine cocoa powder with either nuts or poppy seeds.
- ** If using nuts just sprinkle them on top of the batter, once spooned in the cupcake pan.
- ***If using poppy seed filling incorporate after all the other ingredients have been mixed.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 package Cream Cheese room temperature or warmed up in the microwave for 30 seconds
- 4 oz unsalted butter 114 grams, room temperature (NOT melted)
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- *optional - food coloring
- Turn your oven to 350F. Line your cupcake baking pan with paper cupcake cups.
- Using your mixer, whip the eggs, then gradually add the sugar. Whip until pale yellow and foamy, about 4 minutes. Add half of the sour cream, mix to incorporate. Add half the flour and the baking soda, mix to incorporate. Repeat with remaining sour cream and flour. -If using poppy seeds, add them at this point and mix to incorporate.
- Using a 1/4 cup or smaller ice cream spoon, spoon the batter into the prepared paper cups.
- If using nuts, sprinkle them on top. Bake for about 11-14 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (the color should be pale yellow, not golden brown).
- Using mixer, whip together cream cheese and butter. Turn the speed to low and add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, allowing the ingredients to incorporate before adding the next cup. Add the vanilla extract. Whip for another 2-3 minutes, until smooth and fluffy. Fit a pastry bag or a sturdy gallon sized zip lock bag with a star tip or a tip of your choice. Fill the pastry bag with frosting and put it in the refrigerator until the cupcakes cooled down.
- Once the cupcakes cooled down, pipe the frosting on top. Use sprinkles if desired.
The recipe can be cut in 3, this way you will probably get about 8 cupcakes.
*This frosting recipe makes a pretty sweet frosting. You can cut the amount of sugar, to your taste if you want a less sweet frosting.
***Ultimately, you can use a different frosting altogether. You can use 3 ups of whip cream+ 1 can of condensed milk (cooked or uncooked) + 1/4 cup sugar. - Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks, continuing to whip, add the condensed milk, pouring it down the side of the bowl. Add the sugar and mix to incorporate.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!