Cobb Salad Recipe
My Cobb Salad Recipe is simple, delicious and full of flavors. The Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe is made with tomatoes, onions, eggs, bacon and topped with a creamy Buttermilk Homemade Ranch Dressing!
If you enjoy Cobb Salad try this delicious BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad.
I made this beautiful Cobb Salad a couple of days ago and the color palette of this salad echoes such happy and colorful mood! The flavors of this Chicken Salad Recipe and the Homemade Ranch Dressing are amazing and work so well together.
This Cobb Salad is an entree type of salad, since the ingredients are very rich and filling, even if combined with lettuce. Try this salad with my favorite Buttermilk Homemade Ranch Dressing and see just how easy it is to whip up at home!
What is a Cobb Salad?
Here’s a little history lesson- Cobb Salad has been around since 1930’s some say, and it’s a main American dish, the salad always consists of Egg, Avocado, Tomato, Chicken, Onion, Bacon and Blue cheese. There are many spins on this salad, where some add beans or corn to it, others add olives, but most of the time it will be the 7 mentioned above.
What type of chicken can I use for this Chicken Salad Recipe?
In this Chicken Salad Recipe, you can use either grilled, boiled, or roasted chicken. This recipe calls for cooking the chicken in a skillet. But in the summer this Chicken Salad is amazing with grilled chicken.
The reason I love this Cobb Salad is that it’s light yet filling at the same time. This salad is a great lunch or even dinner idea. This Chicken Salad Recipe tastes even better the Homemade Ranch Dressing. What is your favorite Salad Recipe?
Simple and delicious Cobb Salad full of flavors. This Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe is made with tomatoes, onions, egg, and bacon then topped with a creamy Buttermilk Homemade Ranch Dressing!
- 3 cups chopped spinach/romaine lettuce/ iceberg lettuce
- 1 chicken breast split horizontally
- 1 large tomato or 2 medium sized diced
- 12 quail eggs or 2 large chicken eggs boiled
- ½ avocado
- 3 strips bacon rendered & crispy
- 3 tablespoons cheese blue, cheddar or others, shredded
- ½ onion sweet or red, diced
Homemade Buttermilk Dressing
- Brown the chicken on both sides in a skillet with 1-2 tablespoons oil. Finish by adding 1-2 tablespoons water, covering with a lid and allowing it to cook through, for another 4-5 minutes.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet and cook in the oven at 350, for 15 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, cut in small pieces. Alternatively, crisp up the bacon on a skillet, over medium heat.
- Boil the eggs. Peel & roughly chop them.
- Chop the spinach leaves/lettuce. Dice the onion and tomatoes. Peel & cut the avocado.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer to cutting board, and cut against the grain, into strips.
Make the dressing
- Mix all ingredients in a jar and shake it until it’s well combined, or combine in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the salad in a bowl.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in strips, for a beautiful presentation.
- Serve the dressing on the side.