Deep Fried Prawns
These Deep Fried Prawns are juicy on the inside and super crispy on the outside. I like to dip them in some garlic concoction which I make by stirring some pressed garlic, water and oil together. From start to finish, it’s all super simple, yet so, so delicious!
If you have been reading my blog for some time you will know that I just relatively recently started eating shrimp. The first experience I ever had, was at an upscale Chinese restaurant where my husband ordered coconut shrimp, which of course was deep fried with some sort of butter to dip them in. It was my first time trying them and I instantly fell in love! They were so delicious and nothing like I imagined them to be. A little later after that, I bought myself a deep fryer because I already imagined re-creating them at home.
I never got to the ‘coconut’ part of the “coconut shrimp”, so these are just deep fried prawns, yet like anything else fried they are as my husband likes to say “the bomb!”.
Get some shrimp next time you’re at the store and get frying!
Deep Fried Prawns
- Prepare the garlic dip first:
- In a deep dish, combine the oil and water and whisk together for about 1 minute. Add the pressed garlic and salt and whisk again to combine. Set aside.
- To fry the prawns:
- Fill a deep fryer with oil or pour about 2 inches of oil into a heavy cast iron pot. Turn the heat on the deep fryer to 350 or turn the heat on the stove to medium high.
- Wash the cleaned and deveined prawns under running water. Dry them off with a towel.
- In a gallon sized bag combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder and salt. Add the prawns and shake the bag to cover the prawns.
- Once the oil is hot, drop the prawns, about 4-5 at a time and fry them until golden. Remove and toss them on a paper towel to absorb extra oil. Continue with the rest of the shrimp.
Serve right away with garlic dip.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!