Simple Fried Rice Recipe – What will you serve it with?
Simple Fried Rice – super easy recipe for a side dish that goes well with meats and fish for a complete dinner meal. The rice is first cooked in meat stock, then fried in a skillet with soy sauce, vegetables and oil to bring out the the best flavors.
I like to serve it with roasted drumsticks, chicken thighs, or chinese chicken but even Alfredo mushrooms will work well for a vegetarian alternative (just omit the soy sauce if you do use the Alfredo mushrooms).
This recipe for Fried Rice is the most basic, meaning that you can add frozen peas, carrots or other vegetables you like. Go ahead, put your own spin on this easy and delicious fried rice!
Simple Fried Rice
- 1 cup long or medium grain rice
- 1.5 Cups Chicken Broth/Stock
- 1 medium onion onion diced
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1/4" cubes or baguettes
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 -1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Olive Oil
- Rinse rice until the water runs clear. Bring broth or meat stock to a boil. Season with salt. Add rice, cover with lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for about 15 minutes on low heat without removing the lid. Allow the water to completely evaporate. Leave the lid on for another 10 minutes after done cooking.
- In a shallow pan with couple tablespoons olive oil, saute some onion until golden in color and soft. Add the carrots cut into strips and cook over low heat until slightly crunchy but cooked thoroughly. Add the minced garlic and stir.
- When the carrots are al dente, turn up the heat to high and transfer the rice in to the pan with the carrots and onion.
- While on high heat, stir the rice and soy sauce and let it "fry" in the pan for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!