Quick Chebureki Recipe – Чебуреки
Quick Chebureki – Use regular flour tortillas to make these crispy pockets filled with succulent meat filling for dinner or a snack. No one will be able to refuse these!
Last week, my mom & dad decided to help the youth at our church raise money for the New Years Party, by making and selling Chebureki after church. I believe they made 350 of them and the chebureki were gone within half an hour after the church ended. A lot of people didn’t even get to try them because they were gone before everyone got a chance to buy them. I wasn’t surprised though, these are so good that I am surprised they didn’t run out quicker! What’s not to like about them? They’re crispy on the outside with a bit of chewiness on the inside and a juicy middle meat center. Mmm…mmmm… mm!
If you have the raw (or even cooked) flour tortillas, you can whip this up in less than 15 minutes and that’s what I call a quick-lunch/dinner! So here it goes…
“Chebureki” – Чебуреки
- 10 Raw/Cooked Tortillas
- 1 lb Ground Chicken white or dark meat
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cloves pressed Garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg white
- pinch of salt
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix together meat, egg, pepper, pressed garlic and salt.
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, cover the bottom with about 1 inch of oil.
- Take a round flour tortilla, place about 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle and spread it around, leaving around ½ inch around the border.
- Whisk together the egg white and the salt.
- With a brush, brush the egg white mixture around the edges and fold the tortlla in half, sealing the meat inside.
- Fry 2 tortillas at a time, turning to the other side when the first one is golden in color.
- Transfer to a paper towel covered plate to absorb extra oil.
Serve right away, alone, or with a choice of Greek yogurt or tsatsiki sauce.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!