Salmon Cakes and Tzatziki Sauce
Salmon season is once again upon us and it’s time to make delicious Salmon Cakes. I saw the recipe on userealbutter, and because the list of ways to use salmon was exhausted, I decided to give it a try. What I love about this recipe is the fact that Salmon Cakes come out very moist on the inside with tons of flavor.
When I fillet the fish, usually there’s some fish meat still left on the bones, so I take a teaspoon and scrape the leftover fish off the bones. Guess what I do with those fish scraps? You got it! Salmon cakes!
Salmon Cakes & Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 1/4 lbs. fresh salmon fillet
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow onion grated
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup Panco bread crumbs
- 1/2 up oil for frying (olive oil, avocado oil).
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber peeled, seeded, juice squeezed out
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 tsp salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic , pressed
- Remove skin from the filet. Chop it into 1/4 pieces. |
- Mix salmon, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, salt and lemon juice together. Carefully form 3 inch round patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place patties on a parchment lined baking sheet and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile place flour in one bowl, beaten eggs in second bowl and panco breadcrumbs in the third bowl.
- First dip each cake in the flour, making sure it’s completely covered, tap off excess. Then dip it into the beaten egg, and finally into the Panco crumbs. Set cakes on a large plate, until you have enough for one batch or frying.
- Heat a frying pan with some oil, until hot. Place salmon cakes in, and fry for about 2-3 minutes per side, on medium- high heat. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Transfer cakes to a serving plate and eat right away with the sauce on the side.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!