Fried Chicken Liver Recipe
Fried Chicken liver is one of my favorites and even though my husband is not a big fan, I make it for myself and my daughter pretty often. I especially love how quick it is to prepare.
Fried Chicken Liver & Onion Rings
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large onion
- Place the liver into a colander and wash with running water until the water runs clear (you can also soak it in milk before washing it).
Flour each piece of the liver and fry it on a well greased pan at medium heat on both sides for about 2-3 minutes on each side. When cooked, using a slotted spoon transfer the liver to a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt right away, for the liver to "absorb" the salt.
- Cut the onion into thick rings (1/4 in. thickness)
- Separate each ring and dredge it in flour using a zip-lock bag.
- Pan-fry until golden brown on both sides, or deep fry it until golden brown.
- Serve on top of a piece of bread, placing the onions on top of the liver, or with mashed potatoes.
Notes Serve as an appetizer on top of a fresh sliced baguette or with a side of mashed potatoes for an entree.