Chicken Noodle Soup
It’s amazing, how sometimes the simplest things can also be the best things. This soup is so simple, yet so delicious. There’s just something so comforting and cozy about homemade chicken noodle soup. There’s a reason they say, chicken soup is good for the soul…
especially if it’s made with homemade noodles. Wait, wait, it’s all not as hard as it sounds. The process of mixing the dough takes minutes and you don’t need no fancy pasta makers to cut or shape them. All it is, is mix, let rest, roll and cut, that’s it, really. Read on the recipe and see how easy it really is.
Chicken Noodle Soup
A hearty and creamy chicken noodle soup recipe made with chicken, vegetables and noodles.
- Chopped parsley
- Place the chicken, 1/2 carrot, 1/2 onion & black peppercorns in a large pot, cover with water and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and cook for about 1 hour, constantly skimming with skimmer for impurities that float to the top.
- Meanwhile, combine the egg, flour, oil and water to form a dough ball (do not add more flour). Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Dice the onion and sauté until lightly golden, add shredded or cut into circles carrots. Sautee together for 3-4 minutes, on low heat. Set aside. Pour boiling water over dry mushrooms and let them sit for 20 minutes. Drain the water and reserve the mushrooms for soup.
- Once the meat falls off the bone, remove the meat from the broth and allow to cool. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skin (discard) and bone, and shred the chicken to smaller pieces.
- Strain the broth through a fine mesh sieve, discard the cooked vegetables.
- Roll out the dough as thin as you possibly can. Cut into thin 1-2 inch strips, or small squares (1x1 inches).
- Bring the broth to boil, add the sautéed vegetables and drop the homemade pasta into the boiling broth. Gently stir with a spoon. Allow the soup to return to boil, add salt and reduce heat to medium. Cook until the pasta/dumplings are soft but al dante.
- Add the cream, mushrooms and chicken. Bring to boil again and turn heat off.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!