Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is a nourishing, soul-warming meal that you will make over and over again. A whole chicken, veggies, and noodles are cooked in a rich broth filled with spices, totally hands-free thanks to the Instant Pot.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
There’s nothing like a steaming bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup. Sadly, soup can have the connotation of being watery and devoid of flavor. This recipe, on the other hand, has so many layers of flavor and spices.
Many people only eat soup when they are sick. But, I promise this homemade chicken noodle soup is so flavorful that you’ll make it even if you are feeling fantastic—although it certainly does help someone feel better if ill, too.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
This chicken soup couldn’t be easier to make! I believe that an easy chicken noodle soup such as this one is the perfect recipe for a beginner cook because it only involves a bit of prep and cooking. The technique and the ingredients both are super simple, which is always nice.
This easy chicken noodle soup is also a great way to use up leftovers or vegetables that are on their last leg. For example, if you have some Homemade Pasta noodles leftover, this is definitely a good place to use them. And if you don’t, store-bought noodles will work just fine.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
I love making this Chicken Soup in the Pressure Cooker (or Instant Pot) because not only is it fast, it also does not require any “pot-sitting”. You just load the pot, close the lid and come back around one hour later to a delicious golden broth and tenderly soft chicken.
All that skimming that you typically have to do when cooking chicken? Nope. None of that here. Because there’s no rapid boil inside the pot, all the impurities just neatly float to the top in one big piece, so you just pick them out with a slotted spoon once done.
Plus, this pressure cooker chicken noodle soup retains all the moisture within the Instant Pot. This means every ingredient is perfectly cooked and full of flavor.
Tips for Making Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Use whatever chicken you have. This recipe calls for a whole chicken, and I recommend it that way because it’s most flavorful. However, if you have another cut of chicken that needs to be used, you can use that instead.
- Use up extra veggies. As far as vegetables go, you can throw pretty much any veggie you have available in this soup. For a classic pressure cooker chicken noodle soup, it is best to use the ‘holy trinity” of any soup (aka carrots, celery, and onion), but in my fam-bam, kids are not too fond of the celery, so no celery for us.
- Skim out any impurities. Once the initial broth and chicken is done cooking, you will have a layer of fat and other impurities at the top of the pressure cooker chicken noodle soup. Use a spoon to skim out and discard the entire layer.
- Cook noodles in the broth. I cook the noodles after the chicken and the vegetables are removed from the pot, so they absorb maximum flavor from the broth giving you an incredibly tasting Chicken Soup.
- Store noodles separately. This pressure cooker chicken noodle soup can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or frozen for several months. Whichever storage method you use, remove the noodles and store separately, otherwise, they will turn to mush and give your soup a gritty texture.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Remove the skin from your chicken.
- Add chicken and the remaining Instant Pot chicken noodle soup ingredients into the insert.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, then do a quick release.
- Use a skimmer to remove any impurities or layer of fat.
- Remove the vegetables and set aside.
- Scoop out the peppercorns and bay leaves, then discard.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken.
- Shred the meat, then discard all the bones.
- Chop up the carrots.
- Add thin egg noodles to the broth and cook until al dente.
- Season the Instant Pot chicken noodle soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add your meat and veggies back into the pot.
- Serve and enjoy.
More One Pot Meals to Try:
- Instant Pot Korean Beef and Rice
- Instant Pot Beef Rice Pilaf
- One Pan Chicken and Potatoes
- One Pot Potato, Salmon, and Asparagus
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is a simple one-pot meal filled with chicken, noodles, and veggies simmered in a flavorful broth.
Remove the skin from your chicken.
Place the whole chicken, 1 carrot, 1 onion, 3 stalks of celery, 1 bay leaf, 1 tbsp kosher salt and 1 tsp peppercorns into the Instant Pot.
Pour water over the top. Seal lid and let cook for 1 hour on high pressure, then do a quick release.
Remove the chicken from the pot, shred the meat, discard the bones.
Using a skimmer to collect impurities, vegetables, peppercorns, and bay leaves and discard everything but the carrots.
Slice carrots into small cubes.
Add 2 cups of thin egg noodles to the broth and cook until al dente.
Season the soup with salt and pepper (to taste). Add chicken and carrots back to the Instant Pot, then hit the simmer button to bring the soup to a boil. Turn off the heat.
Add chopped parsley and serve.