Ferrero Rocher Cake
Still haven’t decided what to make for Thanksgiving? How about you give this amazing cake a try! We all know how wonderful Ferrero Rocher candies are, so you don’t need me telling you that this Ferrero Rocher Cake is good! Each cake layer is made of hazelnut sponge cake, then layered with rich Nutella and Chocolate Buttercream and the wafers in between each layer add a pleasant crunch that will remind you of the wafer shell in the Ferrero Rocher candy.
Ferrero Rocher Cake
Ferrero Rocher Cake - Rich with Chocolate & Hazelnuts, this cake is amazing!
Ferrero Rocher Cake Layers
Ferrero Rocher Frosting
- 300 grams unsalted butter room temperature
- 2¼ cups chopped chocolate or chocolate chips , semi-sweet
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1.5 cup wafers crushed
Preheat oven to 350F. Line two – 8 inch round pans with foil and spray with non stick spray, or butter the sides.
- Sift flour, cocoa & baking powder. Stir in ground nuts.
Whip eggs on high speed, until frothy. Slowly add the sugar and continue whipping until tripled in volume, about 15 minutes.
- Fold dry ingredients into the eggs , in 3 additions.
Divide the batter evenly between two – 8 inch pans and bake at 350F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, leave in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Make the Frosting
Melt chocolate in microwave, on low heat, in short intervals, stirring between each time. Bring to room temperature.
Whip chocolate, room temperature butter & Nutella until thoroughly combined and fluffy.
- Once the cake is cool, split each cake in 2 even layers.
- Crush wafers by putting in a ziplock bag, then going over them with a rolling pin or something heavy.
- Reserve ¾ cup frosting for decorating.
Place a small dab of frosting onto a serving platter.
Put the 1st cake layer on top and press to adhere.
Top with ¼ of the remaining frosting and spread around evenly. Sprinkle with ⅓ of the crushed wafers.
- Repeat above 2 steps with the remaining cake layers.
Cover the cake sides with reserved frosting.
Press the crushed wafers or chopped hazelnuts onto the sides of the cake.
Pipe 8 stars on top of the cake. Place 1 Ferrero Rocher candy on top of each piped star.
Keep refrigerated if not serving right away. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!