Lemon Truffles Recipe
Lemon Truffles are made with just a couple of ingredients and are super easy to put together. If you love lemon, these little no-bake dessert treats will become your favorite quick!
What’s so special about these Lemon Truffles?
Just the fact that Lemon Truffles are made of chocolate (cacao butter to be exact) should already have you drooling ( I know they had me), but in case it does not, let me tell you what else makes them special and unique.
The coating on these Lemon Truffles is made of two tones of yellow sanding sugar, which gives them the sparkliness of little gems. But, that’s not all, it also has some citric acid in the coating, which gives the tiny hint of sour, just like you would have in a lemon.
What gets you out of bed at midnight 😀 ?
It was past midnight and I was doing my homework on the computer. Wanting a little break, I wandered to Pinterest and found wonderful Lemon Truffles, that made me almost choke on my own drool. I was running for my block of white chocolate, that I just bought a couple of weeks ago just in case, in a matter of minutes.
How to make Lemon Truffles
So I quickly chopped up my 260 grams of chocolate, slowly microwaved it until melted, added the lemon emulsion, butter, stirred and in about 5 minutes after I got up off the couch, I was spooning the chocolate rounds onto the parchment paper.
If one wanted the Lemon Truffles to be more soft and creamy, you would probably have to add more cream or butter and allow the chocolate to set at room temperature for a couple of hours before being able to spoon the rounds, but I wanted quick results and went for the faster option.
How to shape Lemon Truffles
Next, I let the Lemon Truffle mounds air dry overnight, this way extra moisture has time to evaporate allowing me to roll the Lemon Truffles into perfectly round balls. When I woke up next morning I couldn’t wait to finish making my chocolate candy. So, I stirred two tones of yellow sanding sugar (this one & this one), some vanilla sugar & citric acid, before rolling each lemon truffle in the mixture. At this point the truffle making process is completely done!
Lemon Truffle Recipe
Lemon Truffles are made with just a couple of ingredients and are super easy to put together. If you love lemon, these little no bake dessert treats will become your favorite quick!
Lemon Truffle Ingredients
- Melt white chocolate by placing in the microwave and heating it in 7-15 second intervals, stirring between each time, until melted. Do not heat above 105F (if touched with finger, it will feel about the same temperature as your body), or the chocolate will separate and be unusable.
- Add warm cream and room temperature butter and stir with white chocolate until smooth runny ganache is formed.
- Add lemon emulsion and stir to incorporate.
- Allow the chocolate to cool enough to be able to spoon/pipe dollops of chocolate onto parchment paper.
Spoon about 20 rounds of white chocolate onto parchment lined baking sheet or tray.
Leave on the counter until you’re able to roll each round into a ball (best left overnight). If it is still difficult to shape them, place the bowl with chocolate in the fridge.
- Prepare the coating by mixing 1/2 cup yellow sanding sugar with vanilla sugar & citric acid.
- Once you have perfect round balls, roll each lemon truffle in the sanding sugar and transfer to the serving tray/platter.
- Keep in a closed box at room temperature.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!