Easy Coconut Candy Recipe (3 Ingredients ONLY)
The Easy Coconut Candy is a treat that’s actually fairly healthy – but tastes anything but that. The rich coconut chocolate combo is the perfect pick-me-up.
Craving more coconut flavor? Try these white chocolate mousse and coconut pastries, milky girl cake or my favorite white chocolate coconut candy.
Coconut is an ingredient that leaves people pretty divided—you either love it or hate it. Personally, I love the sweet, slightly crunchy flavor it brings to any recipe, including this coconut candy.
Is Coconut Good for You?
Coconut fans rejoice – you can certainly make a case for a healthy verdict. Coconut has several vital nutrients such as manganese and copper, as well as fiber and healthy fat. This coconut candy recipe calls for unsweetened coconut, so there is no added sugar or calories.
Healthy Chocolate Coconut Balls
My kids love when I make these, and I love that I don’t have to feel guilty about giving them a couple as treat. These chocolate coconut balls are actually pretty healthy since they are made with only three simple ingredients.
As far as coconut candy goes, these fall on the healthy end of the spectrum since they are made with unsweetened coconut and honey. They’re lightly sweetened and the chocolate complements the coconut and honey flavor perfectly.
I already mentioned above why coconut is good for you, but did you know that honey also has a ton of benefits? High-quality honey is full of antioxidants which are great for your heart and also help lower cholesterol.
In short – while eating candy is never exactly healthy, this coconut candy is about as close as you can get.
Quick and Easy Coconut Chocolate
These simple chocolates are the perfect thing to make when you need a treat after a long day. I find making chocolate quite relaxing—I never knew I’d love playing chocolatier so much.
I like to make a big batch in one sitting, then freeze and enjoy the coconut chocolate for months to come. Since there are only three ingredients, it’s a very quick process and I enjoy my spoils afterward without guilt.
Tips for Making Coconut Chocolate Candy
– If you’re not into healthy or don’t care for the flavor of honey, you can substitute out the honey with condensed milk instead.
– You can use your microwave to melt your chocolate. Simply place it into a microwave-safe bowl then microwave on medium power for about 15 seconds, then stir and microwave again until melted.
– The chocolate coconut candy can be frozen once made. Wrap each ball individually in foil, then place them all in a freezer bag. Squeeze out all the air before sealing. The bonbons will last about three months stored this way.
– You can experiment with your toppings a bit. This coconut recipe would work well with sprinkles, coconut shreds, or even a drizzle of peanut butter on the top.
– If you are having a party and want to try something a bit different, you can have different types of melted chocolate in separate bowls and let people pick and choose what flavor they want.
How to Make Coconut Candy
- Combine the honey and coconut together
- Use a small scoop to scoop out the mixture into ball shapes
- Melt your chocolate completely in the microwave or over a water bath
- Drop your coconut candy into the melted chocolate and use a spoon to remove them out one by one
- Let your coconut candy harden on a baking dish covered with parchment paper. Once it’s done, they can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge. If you eat them all, that’s okay too. 🙂
Want to Try More Candy Recipes?
Easy Coconut Candy Truffles (3 Ingredients Only!)
These Coconut Candy truffles are a treat that's actually fairly healthy — but tastes anything but that. This rich coconut chocolate combo is the perfect pick-me-up.
Coconut Candy Ingredients
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup honey *See notes
- 2 cups chocolate melts (Ghirardelli)
How to Make Coconut Candy Truffles
Combine 2 cups of desiccated coconut with 1/2 cup honey* and mix until it starts to clump together if pressed **.
Using a 1 tbsp ice cream scoop, scoop out mounds of the coconut mixture, then roll into a ball.
Melt 2 cups of chocolate melts over a water bath, or by microwaving the chocolate in short intervals and stirring in-between until it's completely melted.
Drop each coconut truffle into the chocolate and roll to coat in chocolate. Using a fork remove the truffle out of the chocolate shaking off excess. Place on parchment paper to set. Sprinkle with coconut or any other sprinkles if desired.
*If after adding and mixing well the ingredients do not clump together, heat them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and mix again before adding more honey to make the coconut stick together.
**Honey can be replaced with sweetened condensed milk.
Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest!
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!
5 star rating perfect!!!
Woooow! Such a perfect recipe to try! Coconut and chocolate is my favorite combination
Looks incredible, Marina!!!
Thank you so much Victoria!