Starbucks’ Cranberry Bliss Bars – Copycat Recipe
This is a recipe that I’ve been wanting to try for over a year now and just now I got around to it 🙂 My good friend Olya was kind enough to bring a couple of bars for me to try when she made them. After that I knew that I just have to get the recipe and do it myself. Starbucks sells these and I still remember how good they were the first time I tried them. What these beauties are, is ginger sable crust with cranberry and white chocolate, covered with cream cheese frosting, sprinkled with more cranberries and white chocolate. I did not put any white chocolate in the crust as I did not have the small chips, but I think they would make this bar even more spectacular 🙂 If for some reason you’re tempted to omit the white chocolate, don’t! It really adds the needed balance to the whole array of flavors, bringing them together in a beautiful Christmas harmony 😀
My friend Olya, as I said before, shared this recipe with me, although she did say that she in turn found it somewhere online herself. Thank you Olya!
Cranberry Bliss Bars
- 1 1/2 sticks butter softened, not melted
- 1/2 t. sp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 t. sp. baking powder
- 2 tbl. sp. minced crystallized ginger or 1 teaspoon finely shredded fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 t. sp. vanilla
- 3/4 –1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 4 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup craisins dry cranberries
- 2 oz white chocolate chips
Make the Base
- Turn the oven to 350F. Line a jelly roll pan with foil.
- Put butter, salt & sugar in a bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and cream the ingredients together.
- Add the eggs one at at time mixing well before each addition.
- Add the flour, minced crystallized or finely shredded fresh ginger, vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the cranberries and white chocolate and mix.
- Spray the prepared pan with nonstick spray.
- Spread the batter in the pan with a spoon or wet the hand in water and do it by hand.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 min.
- Let cool.
Make the frosting
- Cream all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread frosting on top of the cool crust.
- Sprinkle with cranberries
- Melt the chocolate in microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to mix (making sure that the chocolate doesn’t break).
- Using parchment paper, make a cone. Fill with chocolate. Snip the end and decorate in stripes.
- Cut in in big squares, then cut the squares diagonally in half.
- Serve with coffee or tea of choice.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!