Feta Cheese Pickled Mini Bell Peppers
I have been making pickled bell peppers, ever since I can remember, but using the baby bell peppers and not having to peel the skin off of them, is something new to me, so I decided to share it with you.
When roasting the baby peppers, you need to be very careful NOT TO over do it, as if you do, there will not be anything left but the skin itself. So I would say about 20-25 minutes is enough for them, to be just the right doneness.
These Feta Cheese Pickled Mini Bell Peppers are very popular at potlucks and parties, since they’re tiny which makes them easy to eat, plus they’re so delicious!
Pickled Mini Bell Peppers w/ Feta Cheese
- 1 lb Mini Bell Peppers
For the marinade:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small onion
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- Dill or/and Parsley optional
- 1/3 cup Oil
- Feta Cheese
- Wash each pepper thoroughly. Dry with a paper towel.
- Put on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 350F, for 20-25 minutes, turning each pepper halfway through. Take the peppers out, put them in a dish and cover with plastic wrap, then foil, to let them finish cooking, making them softer.
To prepare the marinade.
- Combine water, salt, and sugar. Mix to dissolve (you can heat the mixture, to help dissolve the sugar and salt, let cool before adding any other ingredients). Add the vinegar, chopped onions, minced garlic and finely chopped parsley or dill and mix to combine. Add the oil and mix one last time.
- Pour the marinade over the peppers (no need to remove the skin off of them). Put something heavy on top so that the peppers stay submerged in the liquid. Let them marinate overnight. After that take them out into a separate dish and discard the marinating liquid.
- To serve, put the peppers neatly on a plate. Sprinkle with olive oil and feta cheese.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!
Update: added the exact recipe for the marinade.