Sweet Pepper Appetizer with Cheese – Party Favorite!
Sweet Pepper Appetizer with Cheese is great for parties, makes a nice make-ahead appetizer and the combination of crunchy and creamy will have everyone begging for more.
We make these for potlucks and parties and everyone always enjoys the combination of cheese and pepper in these mini pepper appetizers.
Substitute for Mini Peppers
In this Sweet Pepper Appetizer recipe you can use either the mini peppers, or the regular sized peppers. If using the large peppers, just remove the seeds and the stem, then cut each half into 4 wedges and place the filling inside the wedges.
Subsiitute for Gruyere Cheese
Use the best cheese you can afford for best flavor. I used Gruyere (because that is what I had) and they were wonderful, but even something as simple as mozzarella or cheddar will work if that’s all you got.
Sweet Pepper Appetizer with Cheese
Yields: 30 pepper halves filled with spread
Ingredients for Mini Pepper Appetizer (tips)
- Cheese – if at all possible, grate your own cheese from a block, instead of buying pre-shredded.
How to make the Sweet Pepper Appetizer with Cheese:
Finely chop dice the eggs.
Combine everything but the bell peppers and and mix with a fork.
Split each pepper in half lengthwise, remove any seeds. Using a teaspoon fill each half with the prepared filling. Now put the pepper, filled side down into the grated cheese or just sprinkle with grated cheese.
This appetizer can be served right away, or made a day ahead and stored in the fridge until serving time. Sprinkle with a little bit of paprika right before serving.
Looking for more ways to use the sweet pepeps? Here ya go!
- Pepper and Goat Cheese Crostini
- Colorful Vegetable Sautee
- Roasted Peppers in Sweet Onion Marinade
- Pickled Mini Bell Peppers
Mini Peppers stuffed with Egg and Cheese Spread
- 15 mini peppers rinsed with running water
- 4 eggs hard boiled, peeled
- 5 wedges of the creamy swiss cheese
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 oz finely grated Gruyere/Gouda or similar good quality cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- Finely chop dice the eggs.
- Combine the chopped eggs, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, 5 wedges of creamy swiss cheese, 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, 2 crushed garlic cloves 1/2 of grated cheese and pepper in a bowl and mix everything together with a fork.
- Split each pepper in half lengthwise, remove remove any seeds. Using a teaspoon fill each half with the prepared filling. Now put the pepper, filled side down into the grated cheese or just sprinkle with grated cheese.
- This appetizer can be served right away, or made a day ahead and stored in the fridge until serving time. Sprinkle with a little bit of paprika right before serving.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!