Steak Bites with Chimichurri Sauce
Juicy Steak Bites are seared to crispy perfection on a cast iron skillet for that quick appetizer or dinner that is a hit every single time! The chimichurri sauce adds a nice zesty garlic flavor to bring these steak bites over the top!
You can cook some Air Fryer Potatoes while the steak bites are searing for a complete meal in 15 minutes. If you want the same great flavors, sans the stove cleanup, make the tender beef bites in the air fryer as I did HERE.
There’s a time to have a huge hunk of steak, and a time for these delicious steak bites that can still be served as a meal, or an appetizer to be shared.
Cooking the beef tips on a cast iron skillet (affiliate) creates a beautiful crust that is the best part of this recipe since each bite is packed with a ton of flavor from all the caramelization.
What’s the best Steak for this recipe?
- I prefer Ribeye Steak since the fat marbling gives you the most flavor, while still keeping it tender and juicy.
- If you’re looking for something with less fat, try the New York Strip Steak.
Ingredients for Steak Bites:
- Room temperature steak – this promotes even cooking for meat, giving you that perfect crust and juicy inside.
- Spices – spices elevate the flavor of your steak bites, so use the mix I have in the recipe or use your favorite mix.
How to make the Chimichurri Sauce
- Chop the parsley, mince garlic then combine all the ingredients in a dish and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the creamy version of this sauce, use a blender or a food processor to process all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
How to make the Steak Bites
- Trim the steak from excess fat, cut in cubes and toss with seasonings. Then sear on both sides of the hot, oiled cast iron skillet.
- Remove steak bites to a warm plate and let rest for couple of minutes. Drizzle the chimichurri sauce on top and serve.
What should I serve with Steak?
The crispy and juicy beef can be served as an appetizer, or as part of a full meal.
If you want to serve it as an appetizer you can serve it with toothpicks inserted into each piece after resting the meat. A side of Chimihurri sauce is all you need for it.
Looking for more Beef Ideas?
- Beef & Pepper – the perfect combination.
- Braised Short Ribs – the ultimate comfort food.
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff – Beef, Mushrooms & Creamy Sauce.
Juicy Steak Bites are seared to crispy perfection on a cast iron skillet for that quick appetizer or dinner that is a hit every single time!
Steak Bites Ingredients
- 2 lbs Ribeye Steak (New York Strip or any other steak meat will work too), leave at room temp for 30-60 min before cooking
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chopped chili pepper (deseeded) (optional, for spiciness)
- 2-3 tbsp oil (avocado, light olive oil, etc.)
How to make the Chimichurri Sauce
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make into a dip: combine all ingredients in a blender and whiz until smooth.
How to cook Steak Bites
Trim the steaks of any connective tissue or fat and cut into 2-inch cubes. Add the seasoning, oil, then toss to coat.
Heat a cast iron skillet until almost smoking over medium-high heat and sear the steak bites in batches, about 2-3 minutes per side for medium and 3-4 for well done. Do not overcrowd the skillet, or the steak bites will boil instead of searing.
Transfer to a warm bowl, toss with as much or as little of chimichurri sauce and serve.