Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
This super easy, 3-ingredient Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe is one of the most incredible things to make in the Air Fryer. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also quick (15 min total) and mess-free since all the cooking splatter is contained within the air fryer basket.
The Trick to Getting Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops
Pork chops are often hated for being tough and dry. But, if you treat a pork chop the same way you treat your steak – being careful not to overcook it, you’ll end up with the most delicious, juicy, yes, juicy cut of meat.
The trick with getting both the sear and the juiciness when cooking air fryer pork chops is to bring the meat closer to the top of the heating element while allowing the heat to freely circulate around the meat. I do this with steaks or any other cuts of meats that need to cook quickly and get a nice sear.
Trust me, once you cook air fryer pork chops, you’ll never cook pork any other way again.
How to Get the Sear on Pork Chops using Air Fryer
To bring the meat closer to the top heating element I use one of my egg cooking racks that I originally purchased for cooking eggs in the pressure cooker. If you have anything else in the kitchen that can do the same job, use it, it doesn’t have to be the egg cooking rack specifically.
One thing to be careful of though is to not bring the air fryer pork chops too close to the cooking element as you don’t want the meat to set on fire. Make sure to have at least 2 inches between the heating element of the Air Fryer and the top of the rack on which the pork chops will cook. That’s if the pork chop is 1 inch thick.
What’s a safe temperature for pork?
According to USDA safe eating temperature for pork is 145F with a 3-minute rest after cooking. This means that the pork will still have a slightly pink middle after being cooked. The best way to know if the pork chops are cooked is to use an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat to check the temperature.
So, why use an Air Fryer?
Cooking with an Air Fryer means using a convection-oven type method of cooking foods with hot, rapidly circulating air. Given that air fryers have small cooking baskets and lots of heat, some foods can be cooked quicker than using a traditional oven.
They also provide a better sear and fewer calories, since the foods are not deep-fried. Many love the flavor of deep-fried foods, so using an air fryer to achieve almost the same flavor without all the extra calories makes it such an appealing kitchen appliance.
How to Make this Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
*For detailed recipe instructions see the recipe card bottom of the post.
Learning how to make this air fryer pork chops recipe couldn’t be easier! In just a few minutes, you’ll have a healthy, high-protein dinner prepped and ready to go.
Air Fryer Pork Chop Ingredients:
How to make Juicy Pork Chops
This is as simple as it’s ever going to get. All you need is to preheat the Air Fryer, season the pork chops, and air fry.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400F for 5 minutes. If you have the egg steaming rack or anything else that can help bring the meat closer up to the heating element and allow air to circulate around it, place it inside the basket and preheat the air fryer with it. Make sure there’s at least 2 inches space between the rack and the top of the Air Fryer Basket. Meanwhile, work on the next steps.
- Oil the pork chops on both sides to help the seasoning stick. Use your favorite steak seasoning (I like the Montreal Steak Seasoning) to coat both sides of the pork chops. Press the seasoning into the pork chops to help it adhere.
Pro tip: bring the meat to room temperature before cooking by removing it from the fridge about 1 hour before cooking. This will help to cook it more evenly.
- You can trim the fat on the sides of the pork chop. Or, just do a couple of cuts along the fat edge to prevent the pork chops from curling as they cook.
- Place the pork chops inside the Air Fryer Basket and cook for about 12 minutes, turning the meat halfway through. Check the meat with an instant-read thermometer to make sure the middle of the pork chop is at least 145F.
- Let the meat rest for about 3 minutes to help the juices settle.
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe with precise ingredient amounts.
More Pork Recipes to Try:
- Instant Pot Ribs Recipe
- Bacon-Wrapped Pork Kabobs
- 30-Minute Kabob Pork and Vegetables
- Smoky Hunter’s Soup
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
Super quick, easy, 3-ingredient Air Fryer Pork Chop recipe that uses a special trick to make it beautifully seared and juicy.
Preheat the Air Fryer for 5 minutes at 400F. If you have an egg steaming rack or something else to bring the meat closer to the heating element, place it in the air fryer basket and preheat the air fryer with it inside. Make sure the top of the rack is at least 2 inches away from the top heating element.
Meanwhile, season the pork chops by coating the outside with 1 tbsp of oil, then sprinkling 1 Tbsp of Montreal Steak seasoning and 1 tsp of smoked paprika. Press the seasoning into the pork chop by patting it down.
Air Fry the pork chops by adding the meat on top of the preheated rack and cooking it for about 12 minutes, turning the meat halfway through. Then, insert a thermometer into the middle of the pork chop and make sure the instant-read thermometer reads at 145F°.
Let the meat rest for about 3 minutes, then serve.
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!