Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Chicken bacon ranch casserole is the dinner you’ve been dreaming of. By cooking the lean chicken breast with bacon, we’re infusing every bite of the chicken with bacon flavor. This versatile dish works with many different sides—your kids will ask for the chicken bacon ranch casserole again and again!
Want to try more casserole dishes that will be a total hit? Some of my favorites are this unstuffed cabbage casserole, my chicken, mushroom and potato casserole, and this delicious stuffed crepe and egg casserole dish.
What to Serve with the Chicken Bacon Recipe
I make this very rarely, but when I do, the dish is licked clean. This chicken bacon casserole is kind of like pizza—no kid or adult can refuse it. The chicken comes out suuuuper tender and the crispy bacon pieces add amazing texture and flavor. What more could you ask for? 🙂
One of the things I love about this chicken bacon recipe is how versatile it is. This meal will work well with dozens of sides, thanks in particular to the sauce. The base of cream and sharp cheddar cheese create the most delicious sauce that you can use in so many ways.
Here are a few ideas for how to serve this chicken bacon recipe:
- Pour sauce over mashed potatoes , then serve with some salad or pickles
- Mix the dish with your favorite pasta
- Serve with a side of crusty bread that can be dipped into the sauce
- Layer the casserole on top of a bed of brown rice, buckwheat, or quinoa
- Serve next to your favorite veggies or salad
Tips for success with this chicken bacon ranch dish:
- Lean chicken breast or tenders are the best
- Render bacon before adding to the casserole to keep the fat level down
- Add bacon to the top and bottom of the chicken for the best distribution of flavor
- Use a good cheese (sharp cheddar, gouda, and good quality mozzarella are all great choices)
- Do not overbake or the chicken will be dry
How to make the Chicken Bacon Casserole
- Cook the bacon, then chop it.
- Add 1/2 the bacon to the bottom of a baking dish. Top with the chicken tenders, then drizzle 1 tbsp bacon fat, sprinkle with seasonings and the remainder of the bacon. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then uncover and separate the chicken pieces with a fork.
- Top with heavy cream or half and half, and bake for 15 min. Top with cheese and bake for another 5 min.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Other Chicken Dinner Ideas:
- Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Garlic Ranch Baked Chicken Thighs
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken
- One-Pan Chicken and Potatoes
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
A hearty and creamy casserole recipe loaded with chicken and bacon. The ultimate chicken casserole recipe great for dinner.
Chicken Bacon Casserole
- 12 pc chicken tenders 12 pcs = 1 lb 12 oz
- 1 tbsp bacon fat
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt (use 1/3 less if using table salt)
- 2 tsp ranch powder (unsalted) *optional*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 10 strips thinly sliced bacon 10 thin slices cooked bacon = 1/2 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Cook bacon: Cook the bacon to render the fat. To do so place the bacon on a baking sheet and cook at 400F for 15-17 minutes or until the bacon is well crisped up. Let cool, then chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
Season and add to baking dish: Sprinkle half the bacon on the bottom of a 9"x9" or 7"x7" baking dish then add the chicken tenders on top, placing them in rows.
Drizzle over the top with 1 tbsp of bacon fat, then sprinkle with 3/4 tsp kosher salt, 2 tsp dried ranch powder (if using), 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Now, sprinkle the other half the cooked bacon on top. Lastly, pour about 2-3 tbsp of the heavy cream on top.
Bake: Cover with foil and bake at 450F for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350F and bake for another 35 minutes. Then, remove the foil and using a fork separate the pieces of chicken so they're not stuck together.
<br></br>Drizzle the remainder of the cream or half and half over the top of the chicken and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes. Lastly, sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese
To serve: Remove from the oven, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest!
Hashtag your photos #LetTheBakingBeginBlog so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured!
This casserole is a keeper. I always double this recipe because my family loves it so much. Goes perfectly with mashed potatoes.
Best chicken recipe!! Made this for Christmas gathering and man was it a hit! Don’t skip on the amount of bacon. It makes this recipe divine.
Thank you, so much!
I haven’t tried this recipe yet, can you give me suggestions for it for a vegetarian? Usually I just grilled chick’n pieces but Im not sure what to sub for the bacon and bacon fat.
Can you pls tell me where u got your ranch powder cuz I can’t find it .
I use the Johny’s Seasoning Garlic Spread Powder that I get at Costco, but any dry ranch powders would be in packets by the seasonings in the grocery stores.
Thank you so much
I’m in the middle of making this recipe and just noticed the cook time in the how to make area is less than the total cook time outlined in the instructions, so now I’m not sure how long to bake it completely
Follow the instructions in the “how to” area 🙂
This sounds wonderful! I plan to try it this week – would you do anything differently if using boneless, skinless chicken thighs?
I just made this soooo good. I did use the Ranch Powder, I wouldn’t leave it out.
After lowering temperature I did remove chicken after 15 minutes, didn’t want to dry out and since they are chicken tenders, cook rather quickly. Followed recipe as followed with cheese and cream.
Definitely a keeper .
Such a yummy recipe!! It’s one of our family favorites!
That’s awesome! Thank you for sharing that!
I am preparing this dish tonight; accompanied by a small side salad and bran muffins. Thanks for the inspiration. I will share your page on my social media profiles.
I hope you love it !
This sounds good…who could go wrong with those ingredients? I will try it tonight.
Let me know how you like it after the taste test
Thanks for sharing! Does it keep long?
This looks so good! What a great weeknight dinner or one to serve to company!